Our Practicum Advantage
Edit this text and tell your site visitors who you are. To edit, simply click directly on the text and add your own words. Use this text to go into more detail about your company. Make sure to include information about how
your company came to be.
Advantages of International School of Midwifery
Following are the advantages of attending The International School of Midwifery
- Courses are taught from the viewpoint of midwifery
- The major advantage of doing this program is learning the academics in the classroom and practicing the skills in the clinical setting and at birth.
- Students gain first hand experience in midwifery to ensure that this is the profession that they want to participate in.
- Students learn from teachers in the field.
- Classes are held in the evenings.
- There is a low teacher-student ratio in the classroom and clinical setting.
- The cost is affordable
- Over 80% of the graduates are operating in the field.
- Upon completion of the Introduction to Midwifery Program, students are eligible to take the LPN and CNA boards.
- Students of ISOM practice their skills by becoming a member of the healthcare team of the Miami Maternity Center and not on mannequins.
- Skills are learned in the classroom setting and perfected before they are done in the clinical setting.
- Our curriculum is accepted in several states in which midwifery is legal.
- The training provides experience with women of different religions and cultural traditions.
- The program consists of business administration, antepartum care, intrapartum care, and post-partum care.
- Students have the opportunity to do their academics and put their skills into practice within the 3 years of the program to be used later as work experience unlike other schools where the academics are taught, but the clinical training becomes the student’s responsibility after the 3 years of academics are completed.
At the International School of Midwifery, you will find a friendly and warm atmosphere and a faculty that is geared towards your success. Our goals are to ensure your success by providing you with a wealth of knowledge and enrich and empower your midwifery experience.